Treasurer's Notes

Annual dues are $25.00 for an individual membership, and $40.00 for a joint membership. The deadline is December 31st. However, there is a grace period in the month of January. If dues are paid/received on or later than February 1st, a $15 late fee will be accessed. Please send your dues payment to:

PCTC c/o John Kornylo
9809 Lost Ravine Court
Fairfax Station VA 22039
In the past, members have expressed an interest in making a donation to specific funds within PCTC. If you would like to add an additional donation to one or more of the following club funds, please indicate the amount and fund on the following form when you send in your dues payment. If you do not wish to renew, please let me know so that you will not receive a second notice.

To pay your dues, see the Annual Dues Form. To pay online, log into the PCTC Members Area.

Secretary's Notes

The full 2022 Specialty show report, including results, critiques, and financial reports will be included in the July 2022 issue of Thistle Talk.

Board Briefs - May 12, 2022

The Board met via Zoom.

President Flory called the meeting to order 7:30 P.M. He welcomed members in attendance: John Kornylo, Ann-Louise Gates, Linda Reiff, Patti Gaston, Leslie Spencer, and Nan Vonfeldt. Guest attendees: Lynda Hammel and DiAnn Flory. He thanked them all for joining tonight’s virtual meeting. The agenda has been sent to all and is attached.

Leslie moved to accept the minutes of the 4/5/22 Board meeting, seconded by Ann, and passed by unanimous vote.

Treasurer’s Report

John and Ken have not been able to meet yet to review the book and turn them over to John.

Events

VP Ann Gates reviewed the calendar as presented. The full schedule is shown with some dates to be confirmed. After our specialty and supported shows the next event will be a “fun day” at Michelle and Bobby Hostler’s.

Our fall match scheduled for September 10 will be held at Lydia’s home Middletown MD. Nan Vonfeldt will be show chair and Liz Ludlow is judging. Winter/Spring match in February is also chaired by Nan Vonfeldt, judge Will Flory will be held at St Albans Church, Annandale, VA.

The Christmas Walk is December 3rd, in Alexandria, VA, coordinated by Patti Gaston and Barb Kornylo. No indoor Christmas party is being pursued at this time.

The annual election and luncheon is proposed for March at the Old Brogue Irish Pub in Great Falls VA. Lynda Hammel will investigate.

Ann discussed the possibility of holding a Fast Cat type event in June or November. She will pursue this in discussion with Ching Yu since he has the equipment and knowledge in these performance events.

It was agreed to support the Warrenton KC show and Baltimore KC. liaisons are Barb Kornylo and Sharon Howse. Ann has written a job description to assist volunteers with the process.

Budgeting monies for supported shows was discussed. Ann-Louise moved we offer a budget up to $300.00 for each supported show’s expenses (trophies, rosettes, hospitality, etc.) seconded by Leslie and unanimously passed by all in attendance.

Budgeted amounts allowed for events, trophies, shows etc. will be discussed further after John and Ken have a chance to review the treasury and accounts.

Appointment of 2023 Show Chair

DiAnn Flory was appointed 2023 Specialty Show chairperson and has accepted the position. John Kornylo will be Assistant Show chair.

2023 confirmed judges are Barbara Allen for sweeps and Bergit Coady-Kabel for confirmation classes.

John Kornylo has provided the information on how the CA cairn club enlarged their territory. The AKC wants the request for changing our by-laws to enlarge our territory or delete the voting requirement that there be 33% of the local members present and voting. John will work with Will informing the request to AKC.

With no further business Linda moved to adjourn, seconded by John and passed unanimously.

Board Briefs - April 05, 2022

The Board met via Zoom.

President Flory called the meeting to order 7:30 P.M. He welcomed members in attendance: John Kornylo, Ann-Louise Gates, Linda Reiff, Patti Gaston, Leslie Spencer, and Nan Vonfeldt. Guest attendee: Lynda Hammel. He welcomed everyone and thanked them all for joining tonight’s virtual meeting.

Events

A calendar of events was presented by VP Ann Gates. She reviewed each with discussion. Lydia has graciously offered her home as site for the fall match on September 10th, but she will not be the match chairperson; therefore, we will need to appoint a match show chairperson. Liz Ludlow will judge.

Field Trials will be October 1st hosted by the Hudak-Moe’s. Volunteers are needed.

It was agreed to support the Warrenton KC show. We will need a liaison. Ann will write a job description to assist volunteers with the process.

A winter match is tentatively scheduled for February at St Albans. Will Flory will judge. A chairperson needs to be appointed.

Budgeting monies for supported shows was discussed. An amount of $200.00 was mentioned as was the fact that most of the awards were donated by members in the past at no expense to the club.

Budgeted amounts allowed for events, trophies, shows etc. will be discussed further after John and Ken have a chance to review the treasury and accounts.

Thistle Talk Expenses

A lengthy thought-provoking discussion ensued on managing the expense of producing, printing and mailing Thistle Talk. Printing in color increases the cost substantially. It was agreed we would do it in black and white. It is published 6 times a year, roughly 25 copies are printed and sent to members wishing a paper copy. This is at a cost of $35.00 ea. At present we have two members that do not have email/ internet access. The consensus was to suggest a voluntary contribution of an amount the member was able and willing to pay for the printed version. Leslie moves we suggest a voluntary “donation” be on the dues bill to assist in the cost of producing and mailing Thistle Talk and the printed membership directory. This motion was seconded by Linda and passed in the affirmative by all.

John Kornylo will investigate changing our by-laws to delete the voting requirement that there be 33% of the local members present and voting.

Appointments

As noted, we must appoint a Match Show Chairperson for our September match at Lydia’s, a chairperson for the February match, a 2023 specialty show chair and a liaison for Warrenton KC supported entry.

There was discussion of introducing Fast Cat as an event. It is good fun and a money maker. Ann will investigate it further and talk to Ching who is well versed in performance events.

The secretary will poll the membership once the excitement of the specialty is over asking their opinions, suggestions and volunteers for committee chairs.

With no further business Linda moved to adjourn, seconded by John and passed unanimously.